Monday, July 11, 2011

The Long Journey to Bugabo!

It's been a while since my last blog.  It's been super busy around here lately.  Plus, it's hard to process things from the trip and decide how/when to talk about them.  I think for now i'm just going to stick to chronological order! :)

So, when I last blogged I said I would talk more about the peace I felt after the prayers that were prayed over me on Sunday.  I did wake up on Monday morning with great peace.  Then, things seemed to get chaotic again!  I got up and got ready.  I had to be at the airport here in Nashville by 11:30AM to catch a van to Atlanta.  On the way to the airport I started getting a little nervous again.  I called my dad and started crying, he started crying.  Well,  it was CRAZY trying to get to the area where the Groome Transportation van was.  Guess what!?!?!  I saw it and then it left right before I got to it! So, we called the HQ for Groome and they said no problem.  I could get on the next van at 12:30 and still get to ATL on time! Whew!  So, I said bye to my husband and son and they headed home.  (Yes, there were tears by all and hubs said another prayer over me! <3 )  When the next van arrived the driver was very frustrated.  He said there were 2 huge traffic jams and we may not make it in time to get to ATL for our flights!  Well, I definately started praying!!  We left the airport here and I was sitting next to a really nice guy from L.A.  He was a director/producer of music videos and commercials.  He and I chatted along the ride.  It made the ride a lot better!  My nerves weren't so terrible.  Guess what....the traffic was completely gone!! (except the crazy ATL traffic! HAHA!)  We did make it to the ATL airport in time.  I met Stormy & Matt at the airport.  We had a total of 11 footlockers together and then 2 carry ons each!!  When it came time to board the plane, I sat down in the seat and felt complete peace wash over me!!  From that point it was pure excitement!! 

Stormy became sick on the flight to London.  Matt and I were feeling so terrible for her.  The food on the flight wasn't great for any of us, but especially her.  When we arrived in London she was able to get some meds.  We had an 11hour layover.  All three of us put chairs together and laid down.  We all tried to sleep.  We did get more sleep there than we did on the plane. I washed my hair in one of the bathroom sinks.  Then, it was time for our flight to Uganda!!  Another 8hour flight and we'd be landing in Uganda!! WOW!!  Poor Stormy was still sick during the flight but seemed to be getting better towards the end of the flight.  Thank God!  

So, we were about to land in Uganda!! A trip that we had planned and worked towards for 6 months!! Christie and George would be there waiting at the airport.  We were so excited.  When we landed we were so ready to see Christie and George.  We went through customs, picked up all of our luggage, and then we saw Christie and George! George's mom was with them as well!  It was awesome!! Then, the fun part of trying to get those 11 footlockers and our carryons in the van, along with ourselves !!  We were like sardines but we were so happy to be there!! We stopped and had breakfast.  Then headed to the village.   We had no idea there was such an amazing welcome waiting on us in the village!!!  Stay tuned......  ;)

Audrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment