Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chaos Before the Journey.....

I'm going to be writing several blog posts about the trip.  First, I wanted to talk about some things that happened just before the trip.  So, if you're interested in that part, read on! :)   If not, sorry! ;)

The week before our trip was total chaos around our house! I had several people want to send packages at the last minute (did NOT mind because it meant more stuff for the village!), several things I still needed to get for the trip, and 2 big events the weekend before we left on Monday (June 13).  Plus, we just moved 2-3 weeks prior to the trip and that added a bit of stress as well! Oh, who am I kidding?? A BIT of stress?? Try a LOT of stress!! HA!! 

The week before our trip my husband emailed the elders/pastors of our church about the trip.  He emailed them to ask for prayer for me and the trip.  I went back and read the email.  Oh my goodness!!  Reading it just melted my heart for my husband even more!!  It is awesome to read something good your spouse says about you to others!!  Anyways, I had a call from one of our pastors to set up an appointment with the head missions pastor to talk about the trip and he wanted to give advice from his many experiences abroad.   So, of course I agreed! :)  Mick is such an awesome, loving guy!! He loves all people, everywhere!! I enjoyed the time spent talking with him and learning from him.  I have agreed to another meeting with him soon.  One of the greatest things he advised was an "intercessory prayer team" for us while on our trip.  A HUGE THANK YOU to those who agreed to be a part of that team!! He also asked for me to come down on Sunday morning after service to be prayed over.  Of course, I agreed!!  You can never have too much prayer right??!!?!  So, after service on Sunday (an amazing time of worship with Michael W. Smith & a great message!!) I went down for prayer.  They talked with me and prayed over me.  They annointed me with oil in the same way that the priests were annointed in the Old Testament when they were sent out to minister to the people.  WHAT?!?! I was in awe of the prayers they prayed over me and being annointed in that way.  I don't feel like i'm anywhere near a priest, pastor, or anything close!! I just took things to people in need and loved on some precious children and others while there!  I guess Love is the ultimate ministry, God IS LOVE!  I pray that God is pleased with me.  He judges the heart, men judge through clouded windows and outward appearance!

So, as I mentioned, Michael W. Smith led worship at my church the day before our trip.  I go to Belmont Church here in Nashville.  MWS started out at our church and has a great relationship with the elders/pastors in our church.  During the worship time, I spent a lot of time praying about the trip and the fears that I had. MWS said he felt God leading him to sing a song that wasn't on the set list.  I'm going to post the video for it.  It's called "Rise".   He changed some of the lyrics up and was calling the church out to Rise and Shine and go forth.  This song was definately what I needed!!  I broke down.  I was so overwhelmed with different emotions about the trip.  After I was prayed over, I felt complete peace!!  I will blog more about that peace on the journey to Uganda and about our time in Uganda soon.  Love to you all!!

Audrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment