Saturday, June 4, 2011

"You know, some go over there and they don't come back! They DIE!!"

This is the first blog post other than the one for the raffle.  There's still more to be added to the blog page such as links to important pages. BUT...  I have felt the need to write this blog for a week or so now.  Stormy, Matt, and I are 9 days away from leaving for Uganda.  Satan doesn't like it!! ("Pansy!"- Christie Magera)   Each of us have had a lot of overwhelming things going on in our lives.  There have been moments where I have broken down and wondered why in the world does God have me doing anything for HIM!?!? Who am I??    BUT I say "HERE I AM!!".  So many other emotional/spiritual battles as well as personal battles within finances and things like that.  So, now onto what the title of the blog is all about!!......

Last Sunday I stopped by a yard sale on the way back from the store.  I picked up some children's clothes for the village.  As I was paying for them I told the lady what I was getting them for and asked if she'd like to donate any if she had any left when she was finished.  Then her elderly husband came out and said (in his old southern grumpy voice) "Where did you say you were goin?"  I told him Uganda.  He said "Well, what you wanna go over there for???"  I told him about having a friend (Christie Magera) who is a missionary there and 2 friends and I are going to help for a little while,etc.  I told him about all of the things God has done through her and her husband (George Magera).  He said "Well I wouldn't go over there! If I was goin anywhere in Africa, it'd be South Africa!"  I told him that I will go wherever God sends me.  Then, he said something I wasn't expecting!  He said, "You know, some missionaries go over there and don't come back! They DIE!!"  WOW!! Yes, I know that.  I mean, i've read about things like that, saw movies about it happening.  He just sounded so harsh.  So, I was fighting back tears.  I was trying to stay strong in front of him.  I told him, "You're right but whatever God's will is, so be it!"    I walked away after telling the lady thank you again.  I got to my car and broke down!!  The devil knows our weaknesses and uses them against us anytime he gets the chance.  Then a thought occurred to me!! I would rather die doing something for God than die just sitting there!! Too many in the Body of Christ just spend their time living everyday in their little box and going to church on Sundays acting like no one else in the world exists and that God didn't command us all to spread the Gospel.  They act like there's not thousands of children dying every single day from preventable causes.  I'M NOT OK WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!  How can any Christian be??  WAKE UP CHURCH!!!  So many want to say Jesus is coming at any moment BUT we haven't completed what He has called us to do!!  He said that the Gospel will be preached to every tribe, tongue, and nation.  We better get busy!!! We have a LOT of work to do!!!  I know that not everyone can physically go to other countries BUT you can support those who do and those who do work there!!  You can make an impact on the nations for HIM!!  It's not just about your neighbor next door or down the street.  It's about your neighbors all around the world!!  The world will know us (Christians) by our LOVE!!  They will know us by how well we shine HIS love all around!!  So, I leave you with a song that I'm singing....


"Here I Am" by Downhere
 
Sometimes your calling, comes in dream
Sometimes it comes in the Spirit's breeze,
You reach for the deepest part of me,
And call out for the things of eternity.

But I'm a man, of dust and stains,
You move in me, so I can say,

CHORUS:
Here I am, Lord send me,
All of my life, I make an offering,
Here I am, Lord send me,
Somehow my story, Is part of your plan,
Here I am
When setbacks and failures, and upset plans,
Test my faith and leave me with empty hands,
Are you not the closest when it's hardest to stand?
I know that you will finish what you began.

These broken parts you redeem,
Become the song, that I can sing
(Chorus)

Overwhelmed by the thought of my weakness,
And the fear that I'll fail you in the end,
In this mess, I'm just one of the pieces,
I can't put this together but you can.
 
 

1 comment:

L.O.T. said...

Good post! It doesn't matter how you share, just as long as you are spreading His news. You can't always do EVERYTHING but you can do SOMETHING!!
Thanks!

Post a Comment